We are about to enter the season for proposals. All over the globe one half of a couple will decide to get down on one knee this holiday season and pop the question:
“Will you marry me?”
Here at Wertman Photography we love this season. Since the answer “yes” leads to new brides-to-be who we will get to meet with over the next few months, during bridal shows and consultations at our studio, I thought I would point out a few things a newly engaged couple should look for when interviewing a photographer.
- Do not focus on price alone. Some studios will have a low entry cost, but itemize every product, leading to a higher price tag in the end. Ask what is included.
- Look over several websites. Are the images consistent, do you notice a style? If you love the style, call to set up an appointment to talk to the photographer.
3. Set up an in person consultation with the photographer whose style you like. If they are not willing to meet in person, do not hire them over the phone. You should develop a relationship with the team you hire to capture one of the most important days of your lives. This relationship starts during the in person consultation.
4. Do not get scared of by a higher entry cost. If a starting price is listed and seems outside of your budget, call the photographer anyway to talk to them. You may find that many things are included in this cost and that they are willing to work with you in terms of payment plans and that the starting cost is lower as the overall cost at a studio that is not all inclusive.
5. Find out if your chosen studio works as a team or flies solo. A wedding is a big job and if you hire a photographer who works alone, he/she will likely miss something.
6. During the in person consultation you will get a sense of who you will be working with. It is important that you click with your photography team. They will record memories for you that are unretrievable. It is important that you feel that you can trust them.
We worked with some great couples this past year, both during weddings and engagement sessions. I have included some of our favorites from these sessions and we are looking forward to capturing the weddings of these engagement session over the next year and beyond.
Here is to a great Holiday Season, filled with Love and many who will answer “yes”.